My Blog List

Saturday, June 28, 2008

My friend that lives in the next subdivision over walked down to my house for a Murphy update. She said that my blog was full of cob webs. I decided to dust them off and update my week. My back has still been bothering me this week, I went back to the doctor on Thursday. They put me on prednisone and told me that I had to go to physical therapy. They had suggested that last week but I told them I didn't have the time. This week, I was still in so much pain that I would do anything. I was aggravated with Dave for being less than helpful this week when I could barely move. I was kind of hoping that my physical therapist would be a gorgeous muscle man named Sven from Sweden that liked overweight, middle aged mother's of seven and he would sweep me off my feet and take me away with him.

Kelsey left for Indiana yesterday for a regional soccer tournament. I sent her with her coach, with the gas price so high and a hotel room expense we decided to just send her instead of going along. Her team travels all over the place, we just couldn't afford this trip. Shannon is leaving for Florida soon and I need to save money to send with her, the flight is already paid for but she only has eight dollars saved for spending money. Unless she eats bowls of rice like the starving children of Ethiopia she may need to come up with a little more cash. I had to work Friday so I had Erin drop Kelsey off at her coach's house. I got up early and did a map quest for Erin, I was on my laptop so I emailed it to myself and told Erin to go downstairs on the other computer and pull up my email so that she could print off the directions. She told me that Kelsey already printed her directions the night before. I thought, "wow, I am raising such responsible young ladies, I am impressed at her independence. She looked up the address all by herself." Erin called me at work frantic that Kelsey's map quest took her to a trailer park in the middle of Chesterfield. Her ending place wasn't even an address. I got on the Internet at work (which I am not supposed to do) and gave her the correct directions. Her phone was ready to go dead and little "Sybil" was in a very dark, scary mood. She told me she would call me back when she was back on the right road for further instruction. I was on the phone with a patient when she called. I called her right back and of course she passed up the street because I didn't answer quick enough. She finally found it and we ended our pleasant mother daughter chat. When I got home I asked her if she felt that she sent her sister off with a proper goodbye. I asked "How would you like to be screamed at for 20 minutes before you head out of town?" Her response was "it's not my fault that your kids are stupid, besides when I walked her to the door, I smiled and was all sunshiny for the mom, I put up a good front!

I went to therapy after work and my therapist was Brian, not Sven and I could probably be his mother or his much older sister. So much for that little fantasy. When Dave got home I decided to take out all of my Erin frustration out on him. I told him that I was a little tired of him not driving carpools and watching the soccer channel or the discovery channel every second that he is home. I asked him, If my mom wouldn't have made dinner tonight, how would you have fed the kids?? He said, "you would be proud of me, I actually had a plan. When I picked up dog food on my way home (you mean the dog food that you were supposed to pick up yesterday???)I picked up two frozen pizza's. I asked him, "do you know how to cook a frozen pizza? He said "I guess you just put them in the oven. I asked "do you know how to turn the oven on?" He said, "I guess you could probably show me." I guess I could probably show him where the cookie sheets are and tell him when it was done, and show him where I keep the pizza cutter. Wow, how could I ever survive without him??? Sven, where in the hell are you!!!!!

No comments: