My Blog List

Monday, June 2, 2008

Shannon's cell phone broke this weekend. She had me call ATT to try and get it replaced. They had me take the battery off the back to make sure their was not any liquid damage. When I put the phone back together the screen was solid blue. From then on, she was unable to see her text messages. I think she would have preferred a natural disaster. By Sunday evening I was growing tired of the sighs and eye rolls. I switched phone's with her until she got her new one. I got up early and made it in to work 30 minutes earlier than normal. Now that I only have myself to get ready in the morning it was much easier. Monday's are always really crazy for me at work. I checked my new blue screen cell phone. The outside screen showed that I had two missed calls. I went to the break room to see if one of the kids called. I dialed my home number and hit the green button. Nothing!!! Apparently Shannon's phone is different than mine. I couldn't see anything on the inside screen. How hard could it possibly be to dial a number?? I gave up and used the land line. Maggie answered, I asked her if anyone called me. She said, "I don't think so, I am the only one awake." It was 11:00. I stayed late at work today and got home around five. Imagine my surprise when I found the breakfast dishes still on the table and no one bothered to fix Maggie lunch. Erin was gone tanning when I got home. Shannon's new phone arrived today so she was happy for the moment. Between text messaging and facebook, what else could a girl want?? Lauren and Erin went running together today. Erin was a little aggravated with Lauren because she wore pink cheer leading shorts with a pink sports bra to match with a white tank top over it and she was wearing her diamond necklace. Erin said she had to run way ahead so no one would think they were together. Erin goes to an all girls school so showering is a rarity, much less being fashionable while exercising. Sam moved in to her apartment this weekend. Friends of our gave us a huge TV when they bought a new one. We have a big cut out in the wall for a TV upstairs in our loft area. It was about two inches to small for the TV to fit. Dave was going to fix the drywall so the TV could fit. That was in February. The TV was still sitting in the middle of the room. I dusted it off and told Sam happy house warming. I don't know what I was thinking, how could he ever find the time for extra projects when his thousands of green children need him so. Every single blade of grass on our property has an extra special place in his heart. Friday I set the smelly bags of lawn clippings out by the curb. Our trash day was pushed back a day due to Memorial day. As a result there are three brown spots on the lawn where I set the lawn bags. It makes me chuckle every time I pull in the drive way and see the brown spots. Poor Dave, some day he may get a little respect.

No comments: