My Blog List

Sunday, June 15, 2008

OK, I know I make fun of my husband a ton on my blog but today I am turning over a new leaf. My anniversary is tomorrow and we don't normally exchange gifts. We finally found a little car for Erin and it pretty much wiped out our checking and savings accounts. Unfortunately for her there wasn't much there, so she got a car that was the same age as Ryan. A nine year old Corolla. Every once in a while Dave will surprise me and get me something even though we agreed that we were not exchanging gifts. I knew he wouldn't this year since we bought the car. I was very pleasantly surprised when he handed me an envelope this evening. As soon as I saw it, I knew what was inside. Rick Springfield is coming to town in October. I checked out the ticket price the day I heard that he was coming and decided that it would be selfish for me to spend $70 a ticket to chase an adolescent crush when I am paying tuition next year for two in high school and three in grade school. Lucky for me, my wonderful husband felt that I deserved it and got me two eighth row floor seat tickets. He will even suffer through and go with me. The concert is in October, I can't wait.

Shannon starts cheer leading camp this week. She has to turn in her cookie sale order form and money tomorrow. It was cute she was totalling all of her money up and figuring out how much we owed. It was nice to see her do some of the work since Dave and I sold the majority of the cookies. She did go to four houses so she put a little effort into selling. I think it is safe to say that sales would not be a good career choice for her. We ended up owing $250 dollars that we either didn't get the check ahead of time or we spent the cash. This is why I hate fund raisers. I always feel like I owe more than we benefit. I bought one box of $15 cookies and I am turning in a $250 dollar check. I think it is safe to say a career in finance would not be for Dave or I. Heck, we even suck at Monopoly!!!

1 comment:

Kila said...

Happy Anniversary!

How fun to have the concert to look forward to! Great gift :)