My Blog List

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The kids are all back at school and we are starting to get back into our old routine. I woke up late on Tuesday and flew threw the house like a crazy woman getting everyone ready and packing lunches. Lauren woke up early and told me, "Erin and Shannon are on snow schedule." I assumed that meant she watched the news and saw the school closings. I went outside to warm up the car and get all the ice off my windshield. I loaded up the car and headed to go pick up my carpool. I pulled into the little girls driveway in my car pool and slid into her front lawn. I backed up and pulled in slower and honked. I waited a few minutes and honked again. Finally I sent Maggie out to knock on the door. Imagine how stupid I felt when her mom came to the door and told Maggie school was closed today. Apparently Lauren didn't watch the school closings after all, someone sent Erin a text message to tell her and she was just relaying the message. Now my car pool knows how incompetent I am.

Ryan got a unicycle from my sister for Christmas. It took him all of 24 hours to master it. He rides it all through the house. Every time he falls he counts to five, winces and holds his ears. That is normally the response time for grandma to scream at him for making so much noise above her. He gets to bring in one Christmas gift that he can fit in his backpack to school on Friday. He spent 45 minutes Monday night trying to find a way to get his unicycle in his backpack. School books aren't that important anyway. He got special permission from his teacher today to bring it, even though it won't fit in his backpack.

I am starting Weight Watchers at work. It was supposed to start today but they needed 15 people to sign up. We only had 13, we ended up with 15 by late afternoon so we will start next week. I told my co workers that I was joining and that I had nine months to be fit at forty. I turn 40 in September. I made a goal and I am sticking to it. I am so confident in fact, I told them that I was coming to work on my birthday wearing a bikini. I sure hope my birthday falls on a weekend or they all forget. Otherwise I will just send Lauren in my place, or paint myself gold, pierce my belly button and pretend I am trying out my new Buddha costume for Halloween.

No comments: