My Blog List

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. It looks like we will have yet another snow day tomorrow. Erin is in a complete panic because she was unable to go tanning the last three days of her week package. I think she may die!!!!! I love coming home from work to find a huge pile of wet clothes on my hardwood floor from the kids playing in the snow. I called the house this afternoon to check on the kids, why do I torture myself this way. Erin wanted to know if she could drive to her friends house so they could work on a project. Umm no!!!!! I gently reminded her that she just wrecked her father's car and I didn't feel she should drive in freezing rain. I told her that Ryan's liquid Advil was on my bathroom sink and she might need to give him a dose. She said, "he's 10 he can get it himself." Wow, she should seriously consider being a nurse, she is such a nurturer. I called back a while later to check in and Maggie answered, she said, "Erin is getting us McDonalds!!!" I said, "she better not be driving", Maggie said "oops, sorry, she already left." It's a good thing I work in a hospital because my blood pressure went through the roof. I called Erin on her cell phone and said, "WHERE ARE YOU??" She said, "in the kitchen, why." I told her what Maggie told me and she laughed and said, grandma is getting us McDonalds. I apologized for all the terrible thoughts I had about her. I'll save those thoughts for another day. They will come in handy, I'm sure.

When I got home Ryan had mastered riding his unicycle backwards. His sisters absolutely can't stand him riding his unicycle all through the house. Kelsey has threatened to bring her bike in from the garage and ride it as well, just to see if the rules change for her. Shannon told me when they were eating lunch today Erin got mad and smacked Ryan on the back of his head as hard as she could . Erin said "I did not, it was not as hard as I could, I can hit much harder." This was about the time I cashed in those terrible thoughts I had from earlier. Everyone that knows Erin thinks that she is this perfect angel, she must have an evil twin that only lives at my house and the nice twin goes out in public. She better watch it because Ryan is only going to get older and smarter, you never know when he might replace her shampoo with nair or her lip gloss with super glue.

Dave and I have two black tie events to go to this weekend, the one for Friday night is in Jeff City and his company is putting us up in a hotel room. I'm thinking about finding a job down there and never coming back.

No comments: