My Blog List

Monday, January 26, 2009

This was the view out my front window this morning. The car with the missing hubcap is Erin's (she hit a curb three months ago), putting it back on is on Dave's to do list. Hey I'm just happy he finally took the Halloween decorations down. Erin's car wouldn't start and she got to be daddy's "special little helper" this morning. He needed someone to hold his hood up while he tried to jump start her car. Thanks to her little escapade yesterday the hood won't stay up since the frame is smashed. Normally she would be crabbing up a storm but today she took one for the team and stood outside holding up the hood like a trooper. She did however scream at me when she saw me on the front porch with a camera trying to document this touching father daughter moment. Dave had an early meeting so he was a tad stressed this morning. I told Erin to forget about it and stay home, I was afraid it would start snowing this afternoon and I didn't want "Crash Murphy" back on the road.

Erin called me at work around eleven and said "I got my car started, will you check online and see how much money I have in my account, I'm on my way to Wal Mart to get an adapter for my car stereo so I can play my IPod in my car." I asked her if it ever occurred to her that maybe she should have went to school instead of Wal Mart??? I didn't think so. I checked her account and asked her to pick up a cake mix for me so I could make grandma a birthday cake.

I stayed at work an hour late to tie up a few loose ends. I was afraid I wouldn't make it in tomorrow with the weather forecast. When I got home Ryan, Maggie and Kelsey were sleeping. Dave had just left to take Erin to work. I called Erin to find out where she put the cake mix. She said "Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot." Of course you did!!! Poor Dave, he had to clean up after another one of little Sybil's mishaps. When Dave got back from the store, I started dinner and baked the cake. Ryan woke up and looked horrible. The first thing I noticed was his lovely hairstyle. His hair was sticking up in several directions. I said "please tell me your hair didn't look like that at school." He said no, I was cold when I got home and tried to take a bath. I tried three different bathrooms and none of them had hot water. He didn't realize that one hot water heater took care of all five bathrooms. I wonder where his older sisters were when this poor little boy wondered from bathroom to bathroom trying to take a hot bath. Erin took a 45 minute shower and Shannon decided to shave 6 months of growth off her legs just before Ryan got home from school. The poor kid was burning up with a fever and no one noticed. He had a rough day. Maggie sat on his glasses on Saturday and broke them in half. He has been blind all day and now he is sick. I told him that I could probably super glue them together and he said "Why don't you just give me a tattoo that says "hit me now, I'm a dork." If I didn't hate tattoo's I just might!!!

No comments: