My Blog List

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Another St Patrick's Day came and went. My kids really get in to the spirit dressing up for school with all of their green. One of the perks of being a Murphy is being able to treat St Pat's like Christmas. Kelsey had a soccer game so we didn't go out, I think Lauren did enough celebrating for the whole family. I'm sure Sam did as well but she chooses to do her binge drinking away from her family, Lauren on the other hand, doesn't mind showcases her stupidity for all to see. When I got home from Kelsey's game, Erin was sitting in my bed on my laptop with enough food to feed China on my night stand. I said, "comfortable??" I looked over at Lauren laying next to her, all glassy eyed in her drunken stupor and said "I hope you don't think you are sleeping in here tonight?" I couldn't get her to move so I decided, if you can't beat em, join em. I scooted her over and she asked me to scratch her head, just like the old days, except in the old days she smelled like milk and cookies not a brewery. Maggie soon joined us and had me scratching her head as well. "What is with these kids??" Lauren looked over at Erin and said "see how nice mom can be when you drink when you are over 21. " Erin wasn't amused.

I started my new diet today. It consists of a few horrible tasting shakes, bars, puddings and one meal. The food was pretty expensive. As I was loading my one month supply in the pantry I noticed that it only filled two shoe boxes. "Are they kidding me." I have never had scrambled eggs that were packaged like FunDip before. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to substitute them for Fun Dip. Ryan asked, "Mom are you ever going to cook for us again?" Probably not, dad is in charge while I am on this diet, I hope they like cereal. I started the program this morning by preparing my delicious powdered oatmeal. I soon learned why so many people have success on this diet. I got about half way through and started gagging. It should be easy getting my required water in washing down all the poison they call food. I had to drink a shake mid morning and a chocolate bar mid afternoon, luckily they were much better than the oatmeal. I had Kelsey take my before picture this morning, it was recommended in the welcome packet for the diet. She picked up the camera and said, "Do you only want your face?" I laughed and said "no , this time you can get the whole fat body.' She has been well trained as my personal photographer to always hide her mother's many flaws.

Lauren is back in New York for a job interview, Mike surprised her with flowers at the front desk of her hotel and gave her money to buy something frivolous for herself. Ahh young love, I'm happy if Dave remembers just to take the trash out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Colleen, I absolutely love reading your blog. It always cracks me up and makes me realize how important a good sense of humor is in any situation. Reading this post reminds me that I told Rick I've got to start a savings account for him like I do for the girls. I have been saving for the girls weddings but in his case I'm saving for rehab. He gave up fast food for lent but then he added alcohol...that lasted 2 days until he decided that was too hard.By the way I've put a link to your blog on my blog. Mary Jo