My Blog List

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Murphy house is still as insane as ever. I am still on my liquid diet and ready to eat the next small child that passes me slow enough for me to get my hands on. My kids are starting to revolt because I put Dave in charge of grocery shopping as well as meals while I am on this diet. Dave and Maggie went grocery shopping this weekend. I have yet to see a meal prepared by anyone other than myself. They have however already polished off the 5 jumbo boxes of pop tarts and the jumbo box of Ego waffles that dad bought. Dave headed out of town on Sunday afternoon. I was catching up on the ER episode that I had recorded on Thursday. Dave was getting ready to leave and said “Is anyone going to miss their Pops?” We looked at him and said Shhhhh, ER is on, hasn’t he learned anything yet. I only watch a few shows and I demand silence when they are on. Doesn’t he know how to wave goodbye. Some people, I swear!!! I hate having the bed all to myself and I’m having trouble sleeping with out the sound of the soccer channel playing like a lullaby in my ear. Just kidding, I’m sleeping like a baby and the remote is mine, all mine.

Last week at school Ryan came home from school and said “My teacher called me out in the hall and had me go to the lost in found to get some new pants.” He has a bad habit of always sliding in to base at recess and his pants have seen better days. His whole knee is ripped out. I have looked at Target and Walmart for his size several times. April 1st they can wear shorts to school so I wasn’t that concerned. Now that his teacher feels like he looks homeless I decided to step up my search for a size 8 slim pair of school pants. I went to Wal Mart at 10:30 at night and found a pair of 7 slim on clearance. I decided to buy them as well as a seam ripper so I could let the hem out. I stayed up until 11:30 ripping out the hem, when Ryan woke up the next morning I said “There is a pair of pants for you on my dresser.” He said “Thanks anyway mom, I have a free dress pass, I’m wearing jeans today." I give up!!!

Last night Erin had a game that went to two overtimes and penalty kicks. (they lost) She was in a horrible mood and we didn’t get home until after 8:30, she decided to make herself some pasta as well as a frozen pizza. Ryan was starving and Erin decided she wasn’t going to share because she just really doesn’t like Ryan. I forced her to share with her brother and instructed Ryan not to look or talk to her for the rest of the night and she would share her food. Problem solved!!! Erin had a revelation at 9:30 and said “You are going to kill me, please don’t be mad at me.” That is never good when our conversations start out that way. She said “I am supposed to sell $100 worth of pizza’s by tomorrow morning for soccer, don’t worry I’ll buy some.” Are you kidding me, who can we call at 9:30, I suggested she start with Aunt Theresa, she could say, “Hello Aunt Theresa, this is your favorite niece Erin, I am selling pizza’s to keep my mother from strangling me, would you like to buy some, I will be happy to deliver them to you as well as the cookie dough that you ordered from Shannon’s cheer leading squad last June that has been sitting in the freezer downstairs for almost a year.

No comments: