My Blog List

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Why is it that I feel like I need to sleep four extra hours when we lose one during daylight savings time?? We have been going to 5:00 mass on Saturday's so we can sleep in on Sunday's. I slept until 10:00 today which was actually 11:00. I can't remember the last time that I slept so late. Ryan had a 1:30 basketball game, Shannon had to be picked up at a friends house, Maggie had a 3:00 soccer game, Shannon had tumbling lessons at 3:00 and Erin had a dire emergency. She desperately needed her phone charger because she had to work all day and her phone was ready to die. How will she get through her shift without texting?? The plan was for Dave to pick up Shannon and bring Erin her charger, (Erin works close to Shannon's friend's house) I was going to take Ryan to his basketball game. Dave would drop Maggie off at the soccer fields and have Kelsey stay with her in case her coach didn't get there that early and then head to tumbling with Shannon. Of course every well orchestrated plan has some type of glitch. Kelsey gave Dave Shannon's phone charger instead of Erin's so he had to get the right one when he picked up Kelsey and Maggie. It is always best for everyone to keep Erin/Sybil happy. Ryan and I got to the game in time for kick off. It was really windy today. Ryan was cold so I told him to go get the sheet out of the back of the van. Kelsey and Ryan spent the whole second half playing with the sheet behind the fields like it was a parachute. Kelsey said that was the most fun she has had in 10 years. Who needs a kite on a windy day, all you need is a bed sheet. Wow my kids are weird.

Speaking of weird, Lauren called me from the bathroom stall at IHOP. She said Mike was aggravate with her because she made him stop at IHOP on the way home so she could go to the bathroom. She had been in there over 15 minutes and he was sending her text messages from the parking lot that said "IHOP called, they said to get your girlfriend out of the bathroom, she was smelling it up." I asked her why she was sharing this with me? She had no good response. I heard a toilet flush, I said, "you are making me gag, I am going to hang up now." She said, That wasn't me." What would motivate anyone to call their mother and tell them that they are pooping at IHOP when other people can hear and smell them? She called me back 20 minutes later to tell me that she made Mike stop at another restaurant on the way home, her stomach hurt again. She then explained that she thinks it could be because she drank too much last night. What could make a mother more proud than her daughter pooping all over St. Louis County other than knowing that it is because she drank too much. My kids are amazing.

No comments: