My Blog List

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Saturday I cleared my schedule to spend the day with Sybil prom dress shopping. I had mapped out my whole day on Friday night. I was pretty proud of myself, I found six boutiques in the St Charles County region for the little princess to shop. Ryan had a 9:00 AM basketball game, I knew better than to even consider going unless I wanted to see Erin change in to Sybil early on, I had to devote the ENTIRE day to the perfect prom dress. I did however; have to make a quick dash to Target to get Maggie a gift to bring to a birthday party. Why is it that I get these invitations two weeks before the party and buy the gift an hour before??? You would think with seven kids that I may have this down to a science by now. Maybe in a perfect world.

We pulled out of the driveway at 9:30, Erin was in a great mood, I think I even heard a little WOO HOO. The first place we went to was closed until eleven, the second place was out of business and was now an interior design shop, Erin was starting to get a little agitated. I said “It will be fine, we have several other places to go, there is another one just a mile up the road, relax.” The third place was also out of business, it was now an Indian Grocery store. Sybil was out in full force at this point, I said “How about some beans and curry???” She doesn’t think I’m funny. At this point I did the only thing that I could do to make her happy. I went through McDonald’s drive Thru so my 96 lb daughter could shovel in two double cheeseburgers, a large fry and a coke while I ate my soy based diet bar. YUMMMMM.

We went back to the first place that was closed and she didn’t see anything that she liked and they didn’t have any size 0 or 2 dresses. The owner recommended another store a few blocks away. When we got there,e the store had boy scout uniforms and I quote “old lady clothes” hanging in the window. I was beginning to think I would have to go back to McDonald's to keep her personality in check.

Lauren called and told us to try a place in West County that she knew of. We found it and found a dress that she loved except that it was pink and she had her heart set on blue. I looked at the price and was thrilled; it was originally 400 on sale for 150. Of course if Sybil realized it was on sale she would lose interest quickly. I tried to hide the price tag.

We decided not to buy the first one we liked so we tried 4 more stores. She did find a pair of shoes that she fell in love with. If she decides to skip college, and buy herself a large pair of boobs, the shoes will be absolutely perfect if she becomes a stripper.

Finally at the end of the day I dropped her off at work and went back for the pink dress. It looked darling on her. She is happy for now. Now we need to work on finding a date for prom, according to her, that is the easy part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin has hidden Sybil from me all these years and I feel jaded. You would think my child's BEST FRIEND would be kind enough to introduce her "little friend" to me.Considering she is like a fourth child of mine around here I'm alittle jeolous she has never introduced me to her. I'm sure one of Maggie's "Tampoon Induced Spawns of Satan" that take over her personality from time to time has met Sybil. You have to go to my blog today as I posted about you and your blog. I can tell you how to copy and paste the award. It really is pretty simple once someone explains how to do it. Love your sense of humor. MJ