My Blog List

Friday, March 20, 2009




Kelsey had me "help" her with her newspaper article on Wednesday after school. I was in a hurry so I basically wrote the whole thing for her, I don't know why she keeps signing up for all this extra stuff. She is on Student Council, Newspaper, she plays select soccer all year and she plays basketball. It would be different if she was an only child but she isn't, every time I am home I am running off to pick her up or take her somewhere. For some reason, Dave is never home when it is time to drive the kids somewhere. Yesterday I picked her up at 4:15 at school after her newspaper meeting. I had to rush home , have Kelsey change and get Maggie and Kelsey to soccer practice. Kelsey got in the car and said "My teacher said my article was the best and that she thinks that I have RAW talent. My article will be the featured article in the school newspaper and she is going to appoint me as head writer." Great that has always been my life ambition to be the head ghost writer for an elementary school paper!!! When I got home Maggie was having a major meltdown, she couldn't find her red practice jersey. I grabbed a red shirt and said here, that's close enough, get in the car. Then we couldn't find our soccer spikes, does this ever end?? I still remember running late for Sam and Lauren's practice with one shinguard and 1 shoe.
I made the mistake of mentioning to Erin that we could go up to Chicago and stay with my sister to go prom dress shopping. She expects me to work around her social and soccer schedule to make the road trip convenient for her. I convinced her to just try and find one here is St. Louis and I could spend a little more. That seemed to convince her, she always likes the $300 and up range. She still doesn't have a date, she insists that is the easy part. She may be bringing Ryan if she waits too long.
The pictures above are of my little runners and Dave's agony as he crossed the finish line. They posted the race times and results from the St. Patrick's Day run. Mike finished 32nd, Kelsey 39th and the love of my life finished 220th. He went running last night. I think he is trying to finish 219th next year. Dream big honey, dream big!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maggie and I did the Prom dress shopping day as well and I humored her with letting her think and I repeat think I would even ponder pulling out $200.00 on a Prom dress and thank God one of the stores we went to just got a shipment of $92.00 dresses and only had 3 of them (small, medium and large) in two colors. She loved it and I loved the price and the women promised us (not on my urging I can assure you) that she wouldn't sell the same dress to any other IWA girl. Apparently this could have substantial negative consequences on a girls social life. The poor things, we wouldn't want that for our precious babies, would we???