My Blog List

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I got an email from Shannon's Health teacher today. It wasn't telling me what a joy it was to have my perfect child in her class. It actually said something along the lines of "Shannon has a 68% in my class, I have talked to her and she has agreed that she needs to put much more effort in to my class." HEALTH are you kidding me, of all the classes to be flunking and my kid is flunking health. Don't you get a C just for showing up? I talked to Shannon when she got home and of course it is because the teacher is stupid. I figure there had to be a good excuse, I do have to admit that my poor precious baby has had an unfair amount of stupid teachers. I sure hope the teachers get smarter the older she gets, it is so unfair. I have a feeling the next three and a half years are going to be like pulling teeth trying to get Shannon to graduate despite all the "stupid " teachers.

The weather was finally a little warmer today. The kids were able to play outside for a change. Ryan and his neighborhood buddy like to play in the woods behind our house. He had batting cage practice tonight so I just made grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup for dinner. Ryan eats next to nothing and doesn't like grilled cheese so he was only going to eat soup. I called him in for dinner and grandma who always likes to interject parenting tips (just in case I haven't figured out how to parent yet ) said to Ryan "make sure you wash your hands." He looked at her like she was crazy and said "Grandma I'm eating with a spoon, I don't need to wash my hands." Although logical, I have a feeling that he might flunk health someday too.

Erin has had soccer try outs all week. She has come home so crabby, her whole body is sore. Shannon has been riding home with another carpool. I informed her that next week she will be staying after school to work on homework while she is waiting for her sister at soccer practice. I am not paying a carpool for her to come home and check facebook. She can stay at school with all the stupid teachers and work on bringing all of her grades up, especially health.

Sam called me today, she is leaving for Miami tomorrow for Spring break. I sure hope I don't see her on a girls gone wild video commercial in a few weeks.

No comments: