My Blog List

Friday, November 6, 2009

Call me crazy but if I was a husband and it was my job to take the trash out, I would probably set it close to the curb far away from my beautiful wife's car. I'm just saying...... Tuesday is trash day, I gently, ok not so gently reminded Dave to put the pumpkins in the trash. He had just heard someone saying how bad they were at the landfill so he thought it would be better to put them out Friday with the recyclables. OK, I don't know when my husband became an environmentalist but who am I to argue for the good of our planet. Today was recycle day, most people would put the recycle bin close to the street. Not my husband, he is afraid the trash company may scrape his precious grass when they pick up the bags so he put it behind my car off to the right a bit, just out of range of my rear camera on the car. Do I need to remind him of my track record? I hit the drive thru at the bank three times!!(in my van, not the mommy madness car)

I was running late as usual and heard a crunching sound as I was backing out, I pulled in front of my house and got out of the car. Boy Wonder Senior had put our old pumpkins in lawn and leaf bags. Not exactly durable containers for my driving. I scooped up as much of the pumpkin goo off the driveway as I could. When I tried to move the bag it kept splitting. I thought to myself, Oh, I am so lucky, I really love Dave, I'm so glad he didn't listen to me and put these pumpkins in the trash on Tuesday. Had he done that I would have never experienced the feel of ice cold pumpkin goo on my hands and clothes on a crisp fall November morning. I pulled our big recycling bin out of the garage and transferred the tattered pumpkin filled lawn and leaf bag in the bin. I went inside to change and went on my merry way. Good Times!!!

No comments: