My Blog List

Monday, November 2, 2009


Maggie ready to go!
Notice the Chevy Pumpkin!!



Ryan with his loot!

I hope this costume doesn't get replaced by an orange jumpsuit someday!






Halloween weekend was the typical soccer craziness. Adding Trick Or Treating in the typical Saturday mayhem was quite the challenge. Maggie and Erin were in a tournament in Illinois and Shannon had to cheer at volleyball districts. Dave was working at the tournament selling T-shirts until 5:00. I left with one of Maggie's teammates and had them drop me off at home so I could start getting her ready for Halloween. I dropped Ryan off at his friends at 5:30 and got a call from Dave around 5:45. Apparently my genius husband took his coat off and put it in the back of the mommy madness car. When he closed the latch it popped back open and he didn't notice until he was on the road. He closed the hatch and went on his merry way. I guess I shouldn't wonder why my son shows up to school naked when his father drives with the hatch open. What Boy Wonder Senior didn't realize was that his wallet fell out of the back of the car. He insisted on driving back to Edwardsville against my protests to look for his wallet. I suggested he call someone who was actually still there and ask them to look for it. Did Boy Wonder Senior think to maybe take the Halloween candy that I had in my car to give to Trick-or Treaters and bring it inside before he left? No why would he do that??







I had some candy at home but it was going quick. Kelsey had 7 friends over to go trick or treating and spend the night. I was running out of candy as the girls were getting ready. I am resourceful if nothing else so I yelled upstairs for them to hurry up and hit eight or nine houses and sprint back with with the goods so the Murphy's don't look like losers on Halloween. My only hope is that the girls don't go home and tell their parents what a complete mooch I am. Dave finally arrived home with the candy at around 8:00. Now I am stuck with all the candy I hid in the car because I knew if I brought it in the house I would eat it. We got a phone call around 9:00, someone found Dave's wallet and everything was intact. My faith in humanity is restored.







Erin left for a Halloween party in sweatpants, rest assured the bag she was carrying held her Skankajawea costume. I think I am glad I didn't see it, I 'm sure I wouldn't have approved!! Her and Shannon were off school today, Shannon had an early cheerleading practice and Erin was picking her up. I checked Shannon's online grades only to find that she is once again bringing laziness to a new level. I called Erin and told her that when she picks Shannon up from practice to bring her home to do homework. She is going nowhere until she has a B average. I talked to Erin a few hours later and I asked her where she was. She replied, "We are at O' Charleys." I said, "Didn't I tell you to bring Shannon home." She said, "It's not my fault she is lazy, I'm not about to pass up a free lunch with grandma just because Shannon doesn't study."







Sam called tonight to see if we were still on for our massage tomorrow for the mommy madness promotion. She asked, "are you excited?" I said not really, "I have to shave my legs tonight." She said, "not me, I don't care what they think, that's their job." Ok, now that I have that insight, I may sign in using a different last name so they don't realize the human gorilla belongs to me.

No comments: