My Blog List

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Most mornings are pretty hectic at my house. I try to spend as much time in my bathroom as I can to make sure Erin/Sybil has left the building before I come out to face my day. Little Maggie came in my bathroom while I was getting ready and said, "Mommy, you have a phone call." What she failed to tell me was that it was Erin/Sybil on the other end of the phone. I walked in the kitchen half dressed and picked up the phone. The hostile voice on the other end said, "You and dad need to talk to Shannon and tell her to stop being such a psychopath in the morning. I asked her VERY nicely to please hurry up and pack her lunch so we could leave." I could wager a pretty safe bet that if her own mother hides from her in the bathroom, she wasn't asking as nicely as she perceived. I responded with, "Thank you so so much for the parenting tip, I will take it under consideration and schedule your, I mean her shock treatments as soon as possible." I hung up the phone and told Dave why she called, I didn't realize that Shannon the psychopath was still in the house in earshot, as she was walking out the door to join Erin/Sybil in the driveway she said, "yeah right, I'm the psycho, I'm not the one on my period this week, she is."


Twenty minutes later I was driving my younger kids to school when my phone rang. I answered and heard a cheery voice on the other end. It couldn't possibly be Erin/Sybil could it. She wanted to know if she could take the car to Kansas City on Friday to watch her high school compete for the volleyball state championship. If she can work it around her shock therapy I'm sure she can go!!

No comments: