My Blog List

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Shannon turns 16 on Thursday, it seems like just yesterday I brought my little 5 lb baby home from the hospital. She was the perfect baby for the first three days of her life, she just laid there all bundled up as quiet as a mouse. When I brought her home, things started to take a nasty turn. Maybe it is because Erin almost bit her pointer finger off her first day home, I don't know if that caused the start of her crabbiness but it has been down hill ever since.

Sunday Shannon decided to make pancakes for her, Maggie and Ryan. She announced to everyone that she got first pick of the stack of pancakes that she was going to eat. Apparently Ryan missed that part of the conversation. He saw a stack of delicious golden pancakes on a plate and started ripping them apart with his hands like a barbarian. It would be way to difficult to use a knife and fork. Shannon happened to notice her perfect stack of pancakes that were now shredded and touched by her brother's less than sterile hands. At about this time she borrowed a psychotic personality from Erin. She was dangerously close to beating him with the spatula, he offered to give the pancakes back but for some reason she didn't want them any more. He got up from the table and ran as fast as he could. One of the perks of having six sisters is the ability to know when to run. She even turned to me and screamed, "You never discipline him, he gets away with murder." I said, "Shannon, what type of discipline do you suggest I give him for picking up the wrong stack of pancakes?, I'm thinking I may have to discuss this serious matter with your father before I punish him." He may have to miss Christmas this year.

When I told Erin the story her face lit up like a Christmas tree. She said, "That sounds like something I would do." I think Erin can go off to college now knowing that the torch has been passed. Shannon is starting to show promise when it comes to abusing Ryan.

No comments: