My Blog List

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Not Coming Prepared To Class Brought To A New Level

I think every mother dreads those scary phone calls from the school secretary. Imagine my horror when an hour after I got to work this morning, I got a phone call. I picked up the phone and heard, "Mrs. Murphy, I'm sorry to bother you at work but I have your son with me in the office." My mind went into overdrive, "Oh my God, he has been injured, he fell and chipped a tooth, he is running a fever, he was disruptive in class, he passed out and is on his way to the hospital in an ambulance....... I was thinking so many things in the small pause before she told me WHY my perfect son was in the office. She said, "Ryan forgot to wear a shirt to school today." "WHAT????? Who does that?" Apparently my son put his hoodie on when he got out of the shower and completely forgot to put his uniform shirt on. He has a bad habit of getting ready as fast as he can so he can fall back asleep on the couch while he is waiting for his ride.

I had to leave work to go home and pick up a shirt to bring to the boy wonder. I seriously considered bringing his toothbrush and toothpaste as well. I could wager a pretty safe bet if he didn't bother with a shirt, his teeth didn't get too much attention this morning either. I called Dave at work to share with him how brilliant our only son truly is. I can't remember a time where I was more proud other than the time he was so excited that he was able to fit a mitten on his head at recess. Sometimes I feel guilty that God has blessed me with such incredibly talented and gifted children!

2 comments:

Emily said...

You have me laughing out loud, Colleen!

Colleen murphy said...

If I wasn't laughing, I'd be crying. LOL