My Blog List

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Here is a picture of my new car for the promotion. I am easy to spot to say the least. Last night Dave and I went to White Castle. I mentioned to Dave how happy I was that Lauren came to the kick off for the promotion. I said "That was so nice of Lauren to drive all the way out to show her support." Dave laughed and said, "That's funny as soon as she saw me she said, "Where are Sam and Erin? I thought this thing was mandatory."

I was worried today now that my blog is going to get more exposure that my kids would be on good behavior and I wouldn't have any material. I should never have doubted the "Seven Little Wonders."

Lauren is in a wedding on Saturday. I have had the date on my mental calender for weeks. "Mental" being the key word here. Dave planned an evening at the Slu mens soccer game for his boys soccer team. Ryan and the rest of the team are pretty excited and already bought tickets. I already RSVP'd for the wedding and can't very well back out now. Lauren will be at the head table because she is a brides maid. It looks like I will be sitting with her boyfriend Mike and will look like the neighborhood cougar for the evening! Can't Wait!!

Erin called me today from work, she was driving back from a college visit at Millikin University in Decatur IL. She said, "Mom, can uncle Jim fix tickets in Illinois?" I said, "why do you ask sugar plum?" OK, I really said, "Are you kidding me? I'm going to kill you, how fast were you going?" There was a bit of a pause, "I was passing a truck, he clocked me at 86." What I wanted to say was, "Fabulous, you were driving 86 on the highway on a rainy day. That is just brilliant, if that college was smart, they won't let you in because you are a complete IDIOT!!!!" Instead, I gave her the lecture as to how lucky she was that she wasn't in an accident and that life is precious and you should make better choices etc, etc. I think I really got through to her this time. (Ha, Ha) Soon after I arrived home, Erin left to go get some fabric for her Halloween costume. I thought isn't that special, she is so domestic. She is going to sew her own costume, just like a little Betsy Ross. I soon realized that Betsy Ross would most likely roll over in her grave if she saw little Erin\Sybil's Halloween costume. She wants to be skankajawea instead of Sacajawea for Halloween. My girls and their friends think Halloween is the one day a year that they can go out dressed scantily clad. Unfortunately for little Sybil, I have a large white sheet ready to throw over her skankajawea costume so she can be a friendly ghost!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Skankajawea - too funny!