My Blog List

Monday, October 12, 2009




The Murphy's had an awesome weekend. Friday started with a surprise 40th birthday party for my favorite 40 year old. (ME!!) Dave and my girls, OK mainly my girls planned it along with my awesome sisters. Both of my sisters came to town to surprise me. I thought I was going to a boring Chamber of Commerce function. Instead I got to dance all night with my high school friends. The highlight of my evening was Dave coming up on stage and singing Jessie's girl with me.




Erin's friend's parents entered her in a meatball eating contest on Sunday. Erin can eat anyone under the table. When she is hungry, all sorts of personalities emerge. We try to keep her fed and watered every two hours. She ended up coming in fourth place of about 25. The guy who won, I'm told weighed around 300 lbs and ate 24 meatballs. My 95 lb daughter managed to scarf down 19. Had I not made her an omelet before she left, she may have won!! The guy running the contest was so impressed with her, he gave her four blues tickets. She said she was definitely the crowd favorite.




I received a phone call last week telling me that I won a contest. My friend Carrie heard about it on the radio and told me to enter. I really didn't even know what I was entering but I went ahead and entered. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I actually won. I was chosen along with five other St. Louis mom's to drive a Chevy Equinox or Chevy Traverse for a month and blog about it. Pretty cool, I am thrilled to drive a car that actually has a window that rolls down. I have been unable to go through a drive thru for the past year. I have to admit that I am a bit nervous about all the exposure that my blog will receive. I have a problem with giving away all the family dysfunction. As of now, my teenagers think it is pretty cool. Lets see if they are still speaking to me by the end of the promotion. I guess I could always make something up and say that they all have straight A's, they never get in trouble, they never argue, and they are the best kids on the planet. (Ok maybe to me, they are the best kids on the planet)

1 comment:

Megan said...

It should be a lot of fun! See you Wednesday!