My Blog List

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Maggie has always had a hard time with spelling. We start on Monday by writing out the words at least five times each. Although she has a hard time, she has an even harder time with remembering to bring her word list home. Last night she pulled her list out of the trash can from Tuesday night. Sometimes her word lists have words that aren't even words and we have to call someone to find out what the actual word is. Last night was no exception, Ryan was sitting at the table with her doing his homework. She said, "Ryan, what does, R-A-P-E spell? He said, "Umm, you better ask mom, she said "Mommy what does R-A-P-E spell?" I said "Maggie, that spells Rape." She looked at me with a confused look and said, "OH, I think I may have written my word down wrong." You Think!!!! We figure it out by the sentence. It said something about tying a knot in the rape or rope, Whatever! Tomato, Tamoto.


Ryan brought home a test that he got a 95 on. HE was mad because his teacher took 5 point off for not putting his last name or the date. I said to Dave, "did you see his test?, that's a tough break, he'll probably never do that again." Dave laughed and said, "Have you met Ryan? It won't matter, he will probably forget his first and last name next time." Good point, I stand corrected. Maybe if she starts hitting him over the head with a brick, he might remember.



A couple of weeks ago, I had just gotten out of the shower and I was standing in the kitchen in a towel. Dave walked in the room ready to go for a run. None of his clothes matched. Of course I couldn't let him go out like that without gently telling him. (OK not so gently) I said, "Did you get dressed in the dark Murphy?" Me and Erin were laughing at him. He responded with, you guys think your so funny. He pushed me out on the deck, stole my towel and closed and locked the door. Erin's jaw dropped to the floor and Dave said "Oh, who's laughing now?" He wasn't brave enough to leave me out there in all my glory for long." When I came back inside he said, Punkin, we are still playful isn't that great?" Yeah great, my neighbors will never look at me the same way again. Playful?? He is lucky I didn't kill him.

No comments: