My Blog List

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We had a tragedy at our house this weekend. It was our semi annual garage sale, Maggie spent the night with a friend the night before so I didn't have my little helper. Grandma brought a storage bin of toys upstairs for the garage sale. I didn't even look at them, I assumed Maggie gave them to grandma. Her best friend down the street came to our garage sale with her little coin purse. She was standing at the end of the driveway with two barbies in her hand, I said "Oh honey just take those, I don't want any money." Again, I didn't look at them.


Maggie got home later in the afternoon, the garage sale was over, she went down the street to play. She came home and went upstairs, I thought I heard sobbing coming from upstairs. I called to her and asked what was wrong. She said, "grandma gave Alaina, Sharpay and Gabrielle and I think someone else must have gotten Troy!!" My heart sank, it was me that gave away her high school musical barbies, the same barbies I spent $30 on. I asked her if she wanted me to try and call her friend's mother and explain the mistake. She said, she didn't want her friend to be mad at her. I offered to buy her a new toy instead. I only made 60 dollars at the garage sale due to cold weather and small crowds. I spent $18 on a new toy at Walmart to replace the high school musical barbies. It looks like I made a whopping $42 to stand in the garage freezing at the crack of dawn and give away $3000 worth of Abercrombie clothes for $42.

Shannon was gone all weekend, I spent two hours on Friday night driving all over St. Charles County dropping one kid here and another kid there. I checked the online grading system on Sunday night. Had I checked it Friday, little Miss Shannon would have stayed home with her mother all weekend. She has a C in every subject except Art and Dance. Dave thinks she may have a future as a dancing artist. I think I will spend the remainder of the week, deleting The OC and One Tree Hill from the DVR. I guarantee if she was given a test on those shows, she would pass with flying colors.


Dave and Ryan were in Kansas for a soccer tournament. I had a 40th birthday party for an old high school friend. The limo was picking us up and taking us to a spa for facials and massages. We were supposed to end our evening at a wine bar next door to the spa. The problem was I wouldn't have a ride home since the limo dropped us off. Dave was in Kansas so I asked my darling daughters if they could pick me up. I felt like the little Red Hen, Not I said Lauren, Not I said Erin, then I will do it myself!! I bummed a ride with a group at the party that lived fairly close to home. Erin did call me that night and asked if I needed a ride home, of course I was already en route. I guess that Catholic mother guilt trip I gave her the night before actually worked. I will have to work a little harder next time with Lauren.

No comments: