My Blog List

Thursday, October 1, 2009

I woke up to one of my favorite sounds of fall. Little Sybil on the rampage!! I believe the direct quote was "Shannon, I hate you, you are lazy and worthless and you need to start finding your own ride to school because you are not riding with me." Dave was in the bathroom shaving with the water running and didn't get to hear this lovely exchange of words transpiring in the next room. I rubbed my eyes stumbled in to the next room and said, "What is going on." Erin/ Sybil responded with, "she is not riding with me." I said, "I'm not taking her, so I guess she is." I looked at Shannon and said, "I suggest you sit in the back seat for your own safety as well as the safety of the rest of the drivers on the road today." We want to make sure little Sybil doesn't have a bad case or road rage. After I put out that fire, on to the next one.

We only had one little Debbie Snack cake left, there were three empty little Debbie boxes in the pantry but only one snack cake to split three ways between, Ryan, Maggie and Kelsey. I said "forget it, I will give you a check for lunch money." Last time I gave Maggie the check, she left it in the back seat and I had to leave work to bring it up to school. We normally wait until their balance is zero before we send in more money. If your lunch card has a zero balance they give you a cheese sandwich and a white milk. My kids would rather starve than eat that. When I got home from work Ryan was complaining that Maggie turned the check in and put all the money towards her own lunch card, she had a $60 balance and Ryan and Kelsey had 32 cents. Maggie then said, "no, I lost the check in my backpack and found it later in reading class, it got stuck in my reading book. Needless to say, Maggie has been stripped of her lunch money check responsibilities. It probably would have been easier had I let them fight it out over the snack cake!!

No comments: