My Blog List

Friday, July 16, 2010

It is 3:30 AM and I am still up waiting on my pulled pork. The girls graduation party is tomorrow and I do my best work without 8 extra people on top of me. I peeled 5 dozen eggs for deviled eggs and waxed my floors. Unfortunately my house now smells like a big fart thanks to the eggs.

Wednesday night we got to go to a preview showing of the new movie Ramona and Beezus. We saw Toy Story 3 a couple of weeks ago and I thought I may have to sell a kid or two just to buy popcorn. This time the movie was free!! How cool is that. I got an invite by email for moms with blogs, my niece and nephew are staying with me so we had quite the crew. The movie was actually really good, the little girl that played Ramona was the cutest little thing. I am sure this movie will launch her to stardom. We had no business going to the movies this week, we have so much work to do getting ready for the party. Oh well, it is good to take a break from the norm and do something fun. When I asked my 5 year old niece what her favorite part in the movie was she said, "Umm when the cat died." Wow, my sisters kids are even more warped then my children.

Speaking of fun, I just spent the day shopping with my mother. I learned many new things today. For example, when you pull into a parking spot, you should always pull forward so you don't have to back out. If you back out it ruins your axle, and it isn't good for your car. WHAT???? Another thing I learned is that if my mom asks my opinion on something, for example; How many ears of corn should we buy for the party? She really doesn't want to know how many I think we should get unless it is the same number she already has in mind.

We have a big hole in the wall in my powder room where the toilet paper holder USED to be. It has been broken almost 3 years now. I am just going to put a Post It above the hole that says, "Please ask Dave to fix this, Thanks, The management." It may work!!! The party starts at 6 and Dave is playing golf in the morning. I am thrilled about that. Lauren sent me a text this morning that said, "I won't be much help today cooking and cleaning, I am really hung over." Oh yeah because normally I am lost without you, who else will Windex one table and criticize the menu??

No comments: