My Blog List

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My sister just moved back to Missouri from Atlanta. Her husband is in the Army and is the new commander at Fort Leonard Wood. We are excited because my nieces and nephews will be 2 hours away instead of 10. They spent the night Saturday night after driving from Atlanta on the way to their new home. Her little ones Conor (8) and Keira (5) decided to stay with us until Friday when they come back for Erin's graduation party. I am glad they feel comfortable enough to stay, they love playing with their cousins and it is nice to have little ones in the house again. Maggie is 9 but she is 9 going on 20 (remember the string bikini underwear)

My mother is the constant worry wart, she was concerned when my sister left that she was driving in the rain. She is under the assumption that every time a raindrop falls a tornado is certain to follow. Once they made it home safely she went on to worry that my sisters kids were not getting three square meals a day and their cousins were not providing enough attention. She must ask my kids a dozen times a day if they are including Conor and Keira in everything. I have explained countless times that the kids want to stay because they love their cousins and have a blast with them, no need to hover.

She ran to the grocery store first thing Monday morning to make sure they had enough snacks. (my kids have been starving all summer!) She made dinner last night, (she never cooks) My kids were standing around the counter holding their plates drooling. When dinner was ready she looked at them and said, I am going to feed the little ones first. What??? I guess they must be hungrier than the little faces standing in front of you holding their plates.

Keira fell asleep on the couch last night cuddling with Kelsey, grandma came upstairs and said "aww look how she just falls asleep every night." Kelsey said, "I fall asleep every night too grandma."

I am excited that they are here until Friday, that means grandma will keep the snacks coming as well as dinner!! I have a feeling by Friday my kids may just be getting the scraps that the golden grandchildren leave on their plates!!! Luckily my kids aren't shy and they know grandma really does love them she just sees them every day.

My house will never be ready in time for the party, Dave has to pick up tables and chairs as well as a ping pong table that we are borrowing. We are going to the movies Wednesday night. We got invited to a preview showing of Ramona and Beezus for moms with blogs. I was excited I almost feel like a celebrity. We saw Toy Story 3 and I spent almost my whole paycheck. We get to see this movie for free. Yippee!! Conor and Keira are going too. Maybe grandma will give them some money for snacks!!! ( just kidding Grams)

No comments: