My Blog List

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I picked the kids up from school today and we headed to a public school in our school district for Maggie's tutoring. She goes on Monday and Wednesday to get help with reading. This was the first time that I have been able to take her now that I have new hours at work. The kids are used to grandma taking them. She always takes them to get food at McDonald's or Taco Bell after she drops Maggie off. I didn't have any money and I gave Erin my credit card yesterday so she could get herself Subway for lunch. She conveniently forgot to give it back. Ryan tried to talk me into using my drivers license in the drive thru at McDonald's instead of a credit card. He told me he saw his father use his at Best Buy before. I explained that it is because he has a Best Buy credit card so they can look up his account by using his drivers license number. Erin called my phone in a panic while we were waiting for Maggie. She said "I need to talk to Shannon, it is an emergency." A radio station was giving away Jonas brother concert tickets and all you had to do is text the word Jonas to the radio station over and over again. Erin wanted Shannon to text using my phone while Erin did it using hers so they could double their odds. That sound like an emergency to me!!! Ryan was reading his book out loud and it was getting on Kelsey's nerves. I decided to leave Shannon and Kelsey in the van and I took Ryan in the school so we could study inside for his reading and religion test. Ryan didn't want to go inside, he was afraid someone might think that he was going inside for tutoring. Heaven forbid, no Ryan you need a tutor for tooth brushing and shoe tying. Your reading is just fine.

When I got home I noticed a funny smell. I looked at the stove and noticed that the burner was bright red. I asked Erin what she was cooking. She was upstairs texting like a mad woman. She said "Oh my gosh , I forgot, I was going to make oatmeal. The water had all boiled away and my pot was black. It is a good thing she didn't burn the house down while attempting to win Jonas Brother tickets. Shannon has a pet fish named Juicy Jonas, it is a combination of Juicy Couture, and the Jonas brothers. That would have been terrible if Juicy Jonas would have died in a house fire because Erin was trying to win concert tickets for his namesake.

I had to run to Wall Mart to buy more Tae Bo DVD's tonight. My skinny daughter brought hers back to college with her yesterday. She asked me the other day if I would be interested in buying her lap top from her. She wants to sell it to buy a Mac. Hmm let me think about that, do I want to buy the lap top that I bought her as a graduation gift. I am still paying on it on my Circuit City account, yeah, that's a good idea, I'll pay for it twice. No wonder I never have any money. Maybe if the Tae Bo tapes work and I lose enough weight I can buy back the sweater I bought her for Christmas when she gets tired of it.

No comments: