My Blog List

Monday, January 21, 2008

I feel a little bit like Rip Van Winkle. I have spent the last three days sleeping my life away. Sunday I stayed home while my family went to church. Maggie so selflessly offered to stay home to take care of mommy. Church has never been little Miss Mary Margaret's favorite place. I let her stay home with me while my family went to church. Ten minutes after they left, the neighbor called to see if Maggie could play. Apparently she was now going to take care of me from down the street.

Erin is happy for the moment, she cleaned out her checking account to buy herself a fancy new cell phone. I'm sure she will find something else that she can't live without by the time she gets her next paycheck. She had to go to the art museum for a class assignment. She called Dave in a panic because the gas tank in his car was on empty and she couldn't figure out how to get his gas cap off and it was as she says "like 2 degrees outside." He walked her through it, he asked her what the pump said and she said "do you want a car wash?" Dave asked her, "do you want a car wash?" She didn't think he was funny, how dare him let her use his car without filling the tank for the little princess.

Maggie had a birthday party to go to on Saturday, I completely forgot about it since I was in bed all weekend. I felt terrible, Erin felt sorry for her and decided to take her to McDonald's for a Happy Meal. She really can be a good big sister. (Of course she got the money from me to take her.)

The dog has not peed in the house all weekend. Dave thinks it is because I was home all weekend. For some reason that little dog adores me. Dave thinks he pees in my bathroom because he is mad at me for leaving. Does he not know that I can't stand him. I think the reason is more the fact that I was home to actually let him out to go potty. I need to train him to write a note on a brick that says "I have to go potty, please let me out!" and then train him to throw it at Dave and the kids when he is standing at the door waiting to go out.

Dave wanted to go to the History Museum today. The kids all kind of laughed at him when he asked who wanted to go with him. I would rather put a hot poker in my eye then go to the History Museum and I think my kids are just about as cultured as I am. He talked Ryan into going with him, he promised him that they would stop by a guitar store when they were finished.

Dave has just informed me that he is starting to feel sick. If he has what I had, we are all in trouble. I spent three days in bed, if he gets this we are looking at a month in bed along with bed sores and near death experiences.

No comments: