My Blog List

Thursday, January 24, 2008



Little Kelsey is twelve today. It is so hard to believe that my babies are all growing up so fast. A boy in her class has liked her for a long time. Today he made her a birthday card and asked her to be his girlfriend. It was really sweet, he even drew a soccer ball with an NC logo for North Carolina on it because he knows that is where she wants to go to college. She told him thanks but no thanks. She felt bad after school and wrote him a note explaining that she only liked him as a friend. She told him that she was too busy concentrating on soccer because she wants to make the National Team someday. I wonder if he is the first 12 year old to be shot down because someone is hoping to be on the National Team in 10 to 12 years. Where could she possibly find the time!!!!

Erin still hates me, I think Shannon likes me again for now. I left a blank signed check on the counter this morning for grandma to pick up an ice cream cake for Kelsey. Erin saw the check and took it for her sweat pants she wanted to order from school. Did she really think I would leave her a blank check?? After all I don't do anything for her!!!

Lauren is on a ski trip in Colorado, I am hoping she comes home with all her bones in tact. Of course if she does break a bone, I may urge her to leave it until she returns home so I can go visit that cute ER doc that we saw when Shannon broke her thumb. Maybe he will be working when I snap and strangle Erin.

Dave read my blog today and threw away the poinsettia's. Maybe he felt guilty for being a colossal jerk last night. I had a rotten night with our two teenage daughters and he strolled in late from work ready to kill someone because he had a bad day at the office. Of course he is the only person who could have possibly have had a bad day. After all I am such a lady of leisure, what could I possibly have to be crabby about.

1 comment: