My Blog List

Sunday, January 13, 2008



We had a busy weekend. Shannon had her championship tournament game for basketball. She blocked a pass in the last minute of the first quarter. It caught her thumb and she sat on the bench with ice on it for the rest of the game. I was sitting on the bleachers thinking, toughen up, put the ice down and get back in the game. We ended up losing pretty bad. She showed me her thumb when the game was over and it was pretty swollen. Thank God I didn't actually tell her to toughen up. We went to the emergency room after the game. I had Maggie and Kelsey with me. The doctor came in and I think my heart skipped a beat. Dave who??? He was talking to me about Shannon's injury and he was so darn cute, he could have told me we were going to have to amputate and I probably would have said OK. The nurse asked if she had taken anything for pain and I told her no because no one had any infant liquid ibuprofen in their purse at the eighth grade basketball tournament. Heaven forbid she actually learn how to swallow a pill. The nurse took us down to X-ray and Maggie was searching her body for old injuries. Shannon was getting too much attention. She came up with "My head hurts, I bumped it on the wall a long time ago," (Nice try Maggie, sit down and be quiet.)The doctor came back in a while later and told us her thumb was broken. He put a temporary cast on it and we need to see an orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday. It was helpful that Kelsey was with us and made sure to point out to Shannon that it was probably the last basketball game she will ever play in her whole life. Thanks Kelsey, if I ever need someone to rub salt in the wounds again, I have my man!!!!! I called Lauren and told her what happened, she was out to dinner with Mike. A few minutes later she called back and said, "Mike wants to know if she can still hold a microphone?" Shannon said "don't worry, I already thought of that, it is my left thumb, I should be just fine."

Erin is working tonight. She noticed on the schedule on Friday that the cute boy was refereeing some games on Sunday morning. She decided to ask her manager if they needed any extra help on Sunday? Her brilliant plan backfired, he said "sure Erin that would be great, we need someone to work 5-9. " Now she is stuck working the opposite shift as the cute guy. How is he supposed to know he is her boyfriend when he still doesn't even know that she exists?

No comments: