My Blog List

Wednesday, January 9, 2008





Yes, I know it is January 9th. I think the Christmas tree and ladder look fabulous in my great room. I am going to try a new angle. Honey if you are reading my blog, please leave the tree up for at least another week.


Erin got a call from her boss on Monday, he was short handed and needed someone to work. She works the concession stand at an indoor soccer place. He asked her if she wouldn't mind making the next weeks schedule for him. She couldn't wait to get to work. She had planned to schedule the cute boy (that doesn't know she exists yet) with her every night that she worked. WHAT A COINCIDENCE!! Unfortunately for her when she got to work he changed his mind and said "don't worry about the schedule I took care of it." Darn, she won't have to weasel Shannon out of those jeans this weekend after all.

Erin called me at work around 4:00. She said "where is everyone? All of the cars are gone and no one is home." I asked her what difference did it make. She said,"I don't have a car and I need to go tanning, my sophomore dance is coming up." I said, "don't you think it would be a good idea to find a date before you worry about your tan?" She said "I am bringing my boyfriend from work, he just doesn't know that he is my boyfriend yet."

The Toyota got picked up today. I donated it to goodwill. They told me to leave the keys in it. My mother was a little worried that someone might steal it. I figured since the car no longer goes above 30 mph I was pretty safe. Before I donated it I called a number that advertised cash for junk cars, they offered me $140. I decided to take the tax deduction. All that I have left of that little car is the huge oil stain in the front of the house. I think the neighbors may throw a party now that I have the oil gusher out of the neighborhood. The jokes on them, my van has an oil leak too!!!

I have reached day 9 of my diet. So far so good. I lost two pounds. WOO HOO, I am ready to eat a small child and all I have to show for it is two lousy pounds. I guess it is better then gaining. Dave and Kelsey ran three miles Monday night. She beat him by five minutes. Tonight he challenged her to a rematch. He took a five minute head start and told her to try and catch him. He beat her by less than a minute. I am sure she will get him tomorrow. I would have to take a 40 minute head start, and she would probably still beat me.

No comments: