My Blog List

Sunday, January 6, 2008

It was hard getting up this morning because we stayed out so late last night. Dave took Shannon to her basketball game and I took Kelsey. I decided to take all of my Christmas decorations down today. I got most of the ornaments off of the tree and had Dave get me a ladder for the high ones. Our tree is twelve feet tall. I asked Dave to get the box for our big Nativity set out of the attic in the garage. I think he may have thought that I said,"honey at your convenience, after you watch an hour of the soccer channel, will you please get me the box down that I can't reach?"After all I asked for the ladder about an hour before he brought it inside. Once again we shared a few pleasantries and he got the box down. A while later I asked him to carry the storage boxes down stairs for me. Here we go again, I think he thought I meant after the whole family trips over them for a day or two. He was playing as a sub tonight for his sisters bowling league, he said that he just wanted to relax and watch a little TV before he had to leave to bowl. I very "gently" explained that a father of seven has given up his right to relax by the time that he is a father of five. He did finally carry my storage boxes downstairs but my naked tree is still staring at me from the corner of the great room. No hurry honey, I don't want to cut into your relaxing time!! Oh and I will get the trash that is overflowing that you walked past on your way out the door.

No comments: