My Blog List

Friday, January 4, 2008

I get off work early on Friday's. It is always a treat for me to be able to watch Dr. Phil and Oprah. When I got home I noticed that the kids couldn't find the time to put their bowls in the sink from breakfast. God love them, they must have been tired. The kids were nowhere to be found but all the lights and TV were on. I started scrolling down the TV channels to move from Nickelodeon to NBC when my son came in the back door. As soon as I saw him my jaw dropped. His new jeans were soaking wet from the knee down and he was covered in mud. I said "Oh my God, what were you thinking?" He turned around and said "Umm mom, I have a problem." His hand was covered in blood. He was playing in the creek with his buddies and cut his thumb on a piece of glass. I brought him in my bathroom to clean out his thumb. I was afraid to apply pressure because I wasn't sure if there was any glass stuck in his thumb. I tried to call his doctor and it just rang and rang. I guess they forgot to turn their answering machine on with the number for the exchange. I cleaned him up as best as I could and brought him to urgent care. They cleaned it out really well and sent us on our way. I can't wait to get that bill. I think I liked it better when he played with barbies. (even though he ripped their heads off) So far being nine has been a bust. Shannon had a basketball game tonight. She jammed her finger in the third period and it is swollen, I am not going back to urgent care for at least a week. I am becoming a regular. She has two more games this weekend. Kelsey has her first game tomorrow morning. Shannon had to borrow a uniform tonight from her friends little sister. They had uniform pick up on Wednesday night, the coach called but Lauren gave me the message on Thursday. That was helpful!!

No comments: