My Blog List

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I wasted an hour and a half of my day waiting in line at the liscense bureau. Erin's temporary tags on her car expire next week so I thought I would be good and pay my sales tax a week early, so I could get her plates. When we bought the car Dave called me and asked me if I wanted my name on the title. Since we were buying a 1999 Corolla with three hubcaps and 90,000 miles instead of a Porsche I told him it was fine if he titled it in his name only. I thought I would have to take off of work to go buy the dealership to sign it. To make a long story short, when I got up to the counter to get my plates, they wouldn't give them to me because the title was in Dave's name. Lauren asked me to bring her sales receipt with me and ask what her sales tax would cost for her new car.I called Dave and told him that he gets to wait in line to get Erin's plates. My darling husband struggles with ordering a pizza, getting license plates just may push him over the edge.

I called Lauren to let her know how much her sales tax would be. She was working, selling beer in Clayton at parties at the park. (an outdoor happy hour for the yuppy crowd,held every Wednesday in the summer) I told her that her sale tax would be around $1,200.00, she said, "Oh God, I guess I better take off my top so I get better tips tonight." I thought "what are you thinking??" Then I thought, "maybe you should go ahead and take one for the team, Erin's $900 soccer fees are due soon, you may want to take your shorts off as well." Instead it came out as "very funny, please keep your top on."

No comments: