My Blog List

Friday, July 11, 2008

Shannon called me last night from Florida. She seems to be having a great time. She was telling me about all the fun places that they have been to. I couldn't help but think, "your not going to bring home any change are you??" I'm used to Erin forgetting to bring home the change from her $20 that I give her for a $4 value meal, but I gave Shannon a little more than $20. Oh well I guess you only live once. She has a great group of friends and I am sure that they are having a blast. I just hope that my little red head remembers to put on her sunscreen.

Ryan pitched in his baseball game last night. Let me preface this little story by saying that my son is not a pitcher. He always wants to pitch and I try to discourage it because he never practices and has had no training. He hasn't even played a baseball game in over three weeks. Anyway to make a long story short, it made for a long inning for this stressed out mom. I guess he has to fight his battles on his own and learn the hard way that pitching just isn't for him. He did strike out two batters. I would like to apologize to the three mothers of the children on the other team that my little pitcher pummeled with the ball. The inning was finally over when he walked in five runs of batters that he either HIT!!! or walked. OOPS!!! It was really hard watching him struggle emotionally on the mound, his little shoulders were slumped and he looked pretty sad. I figured if I went into the dug out for a big hug and kiss that I would make matters worse. I just said a quick prayer for him and figured that this will be one of those unavoidable hard lessons in life. It still doesn't make it any easier on his mom or dad. Besides his dad always says "I have no use for a sport with a ball that you don't kick." We are a soccer family, who needs baseball anyway.

No comments: