My Blog List

Sunday, July 6, 2008

If little Sybil doesn't scare me enough already with her mood swings we can throw in the frightening fact that the kid doesn't feel pain. The same day that she got all four of her impacted wisdom teeth cut out , she ate chicken and garlic bread. She insisted that she was starving and smoothies and milk shakes weren't doing the trick. The next day she had me take her to McDonalds for two cheeseburgers and a small fry. I'm afraid that she will be one of those crazy women that will be in labor and never know it and my grandkids will be born in all kinds of crazy places. She has gained three pounds this weekend, a fact that her big sister Lauren is enjoying quite well.

Ryan was upset with me that I didn't spent this weeks grocery money on bottle rockets and sparklers. We can see our city's fireworks display from the comfort of our front yard. The semi pro baseball team stadium is walking distance to our house and they shoot off fireworks after every evening home game. Friday night, Ryan and Maggie went out in the front yard to see the fireworks. Maggie came inside and said, "Mom, some man was sitting on our front lawn watching the fireworks, daddy wouldn't like him on the grass!!" Saturday Ryan went to his buddy's house to shoot off fireworks, I said a quick prayer that he didn't shoot his hand off. What is it about little boys that makes them love to blow things up??? When I told him earlier in the week that fireworks were too expensive, he came home from a neighbors house and told me he was told that you could make your own fireworks out of kaboom bathroom cleaner and we wouldn't even have to spend any money. Remind me not to let him play there any more.

Dave and I walked up to our city's Fourth of July fair. We had never been before and it is so close to our house that we thought that we should go check it out. I am not a big fan of fairs or crowds or a big gathering of drunk people for that matter. The bands Candlebox and Gin Blossom's were playing and Mr. forever teenager wanted to hear them play. When we approached the area where the band was going to play, Dave handed me his wallet. I said "Oh how sweet, you are going to give me all the money so I can stand in line for rides, food, face painting and carnival fun with the kids while you stand here and bob your head to rock music like an idiot teenager." The look I gave him spoke a thousand words, he put his wallet away and said, "I would much rather walk around with you and the kids instead of staying here." We took the kids to a few booths and headed back towards the music. Shannon called me twice while I was there to let me know that she was hungry and that she wanted a haircut. What did she expect me to do , leave the fair early, and run home to make her a sandwich??After a few minutes of listening to the music, I realized that I would rather put a hot poker in my eye or run home to feed Shannon than stay there and listen to the men in leather pants scream and wail on the stage. I told Dave that I was taking the kids home and I would meet up with him later. I was hoping he wouldn't leave me for one of the scantily clad, braless, tattooed drunk women at the fair. If that type of woman was his type, the sky was the limit at our fair.

We had a party on Saturday, as we were gathering our stuff to leave, our friends that had the party's daughter thought that we had already left. She said "Mom, look Maggie Murphy is still here, did the Murphy's forget a kid again??" The funny part was that I was standing right behind her, she was so embarrassed. I don't know why she would think that we would forget a kid. It has been a whole year since we left Kelsey at the golf course. We have had a few near misses throughout the year but we have not actually left a kid behind in a full year. Either we are getting better are our children are watching us like hawks to make sure we don't leave without them.

No comments: