My Blog List

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I made it home from work yesterday just in time to see my only son ready to walk out the door for a birthday party with a hot pink gift bag. I left a blank check on the counter for Erin to run to Target to pick up a gift and assumed that she would take care of the wrapping as well. When I walked in the door he looked at me with a pleading look in his eyes as if he was saying "mom, please save me from these crazy people." I had five minutes before I had to meet the rest of Shannon's carpool, to which I was just informed that it was our turn to drive. I received a call at work at 4:45 that we had to meet the carpool at the gas station at 5:20. I walked in my door around 5:10. The problem that I faced was that I had to take a major poop and find gift wrap that wouldn't scar my son for life in only five minutes. I sprinted down to the storage room only to find princess gift bags and then I found some lime green tissue paper. There was a God. Now all I needed was tape, tape, tape, oh where in the hell do we keep the tape. Finally I wrapped the gift hap hazardly and sent him out the door with grandma for the party. Now I had three minutes left to poop. All I needed was toilet paper, toilet paper, oh where in the hell is the toilet paper. Finally on the fourth bathroom that I tried I found a roll of toilet paper. Did anyone use the bathroom today???? And if so, with the exception of Ryan how????

The transmission place that has my van called today and said, "Mrs. Murphy, do you have a few minutes to talk?" I thought to myself, this can't be good. He then proceeded to tell me that this was the worst transmission that he has seen in all of his fifteen years of working on transmissions. He asked me if by chance I had a teenager that was driving it rough due to the condition of my transmission. Considering that my kids are too afraid to even back the blue beast out of the driveway, I must be the culprit. There were only three parts of the transmission that were not completely destroyed. Fabulous!!! Of course this little repair is now going to cost an additional $500 from the original quote. I am planning on bringing Ryan's guitar to work tomorrow to play in the lobby at lunch to pick up a little extra cash. Maybe I will bring Maggie along, mess up her hair, smear some dirt on her, and have her sit on one leg so she looks like she is missing a limb!!!

No comments: