My Blog List

Friday, August 1, 2008

I got my van back on Wednesday, I am officially $1,800 poorer. Oh well, it's just money, I have always thought money was over rated anyway. Maybe the kids could start a new trend and go to school barefoot this year. I lent the van to my friends for their vacation in Destin Fl, they are leaving at 2 in the morning. I will breathe much easier once I know that they arrive with the transmission intact. I would hate to spoil their vacation by them spending it at an auto garage vs the beach. It seems to be driving perfect, so hopefully it will be fine.

Ryan had another birthday party to go to, this time I did the shopping and got him a masculine red, gift bag. I asked Dave to drop him off, I was waiting for my friend to come by so I could show him how to work the TV and video game hook up in the van before we traded cars. Dave acted aggravated that he had to take OUR son somewhere because he was supposed to meet Lauren's boyfriend Mike to go fishing. I'm sure the fish can wait, he could tell that this was one little battle that he had no chance of winning. I asked him where Ryan was and he said "in the car." I went out to the car and asked, "do you have a pillow, change of clothes, toothbrush??" He said, "umm, I brought a pair of shorts." I looked in the bag and he had a pair of shorts with stains all over them packed. We went inside to re-pack and grab the gift off the kitchen table that he forgot. I told Dave to find out what time pick up was in the morning. I asked him last night what time he needed to be picked up. He said it was in between 3 and 5. That was a pretty big window. He told me they were going to go swimming. I said, "he didn't pack his swim trunks." Dave said "don't worry, our kids are able to adjust well." I wanted to say, "no, they are used to adjusting because their father is completely incompetent." Instead I said, Yeah they sure are. I am leaving this afternoon for a girls weekend at the lake. When Ryan found out he threw a fit. I asked why he was so upset. He said, "that's not fair that everyone gets to go except me." I laughed and said, it's not a Murphy girl weekend, just some of my high school friends. He thought that I was bringing all of his sisters. Is he crazy, I am getting away from all of my offspring this weekend. I think there may be lots of "adjusting" with daddy this weekend.

No comments: