My Blog List

Monday, August 11, 2008

I gave Maggie three chores to do every day this summer. Brush your teeth, brush your hair and get dressed. Normally when I get home from work she has mastered one or two of these tasks. Maggie had practice at 6:00 in Maryland Heights (30 minutes away) Ryan had practice in Chesterfield at 6:30 (40 minutes away) and I had to be at the kid's school for uniform hand out. Tonight was the last night to pick up uniforms or my kids would have had to play naked, which isn't necessarily a bad idea. If they played naked I wouldn't be rooting through dirty clothes looking for soccer jersey's, now would I? I showed up for uniform pick up last night because I thought yesterday was August 11th. At least this time I was a day early instead of a day late. I arranged a ride for Maggie so I could pick up the uniforms. I called home from work around 2:30 to tell Maggie and Ryan to get ready. Ryan needs approximately 30 minute per item that he has to put on. Lets see; two socks, two shin guards, a shirt, shorts, two shoes. Darn, I should have called by 10:30. When I got home Maggie was already gone. When she got home from practice, I was horrified when she walked in. I braided her hair yesterday morning in two french braids. Yesterday she looked adorable, today she looks homeless. Obviously she forgot one of her three chores, probably two, I seriously doubt that she bothered to brush her teeth either. I'm not sure if she even walked passed a mirror today. Her older sisters chose to ignore the unkept seven year old heading out the door for soccer practice. After all they aren't getting paid to babysit, why should they bother to do more than the bare minimum??I am thinking of introducing myself to the parents on the team as the mother of the child that lives in a van down by the river!!













No comments: