My Blog List

Friday, August 8, 2008

I have had a crazy week. Shannon had her regional competition for high school cheerleading. It is amazing that she lived long enough to compete because her big sister Erin almost killed her the day before at work study. They do work study at their school to help defray the cost of tuition. It is better to do a week in the summer so their schedule during the school year isn't as full. Apparently little Miss Shannon didn't have the best attitude when they were taking apart soccer goals and cleaning out school storage sheds in 98 degree weather. Erin had just about enough of Shannon's eye rolls and sighs. They made it home in one piece without a punch, scratch or hair pull. Miracles never cease. I took off work on Wednesday to help with hair and make up for the cheerleaders. We started at 9:00 AM, they were not competing until 6:00 PM but needed to be ready by 1:00 so they could watch the JV squad perform. The girls were all really sweet except one. This girl in particular almost got every little red hair ripped out of her head. Shannon is really tender headed, that combined with the eye rolling, sighing, whining and general bad attitude was enough to push me over the edge. I saw Erin in the hallway and shared with her that I was ready to kill her little sister. She said "Oh my God, I know, every time Shannon asks me to straighten her hair it ends in a fist fight." The girls did really well at the competition and won a bid to compete at the State Championship in November. It makes me a nervous wreck to watch my baby thrown up so high in the air. Granted, hours earlier I was ready to throw her out a classroom window. Here is the link to the video of the competition .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tidsT8U6rs

No comments: