My Blog List

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wednesday morning I woke up a little perturbed at my darling husband, he had a test on Tuesday evening and decided to go have a few drinks with his classmates instead of coming home early to his overworked, under appreciated wife. I was in the Bermuda triangle straightening my hair when my darling angel Ryan (who by the way reminds me of his "in the dog house" father), walked in and said, "I don't know where my shorts are, they keep disappearing." I think he learned quite quickly that he was going to have to find the disappearing shorts on his own. He has two pair of school shorts (the wrong size mind you, but still two) he was on his third day of school, for some reason when you throw them on the floor in whatever room you feel like, they don't re appear the next morning on your body. Wednesday was their first full day of school so while dad was out having fun Tuesday night I was driving Maggie, Kelsey and Ryan to and from soccer practice. In between that I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few things for lunches. I had spent Monday night at the mall shopping because Dave told me we were invited to a dinner through work at a country club. I am not a country club kind of girl, I have spent half my life barefoot and pregnant, there were no silver spoons in my mouth just plastic. Some time on Tuesday Dave told me he heard wrong and the dinner was not at a country club but it was dinner at the cardinal game in one of the corporate boxes. Maybe if I had that information when I spent two hours looking for a country club outfit that hid my fat rolls I could have looked for something in cardinal red instead. Ahhh details!!!! By Wednesday morning I was considering letting him go to the game alone. For some reason I always take it out on the kids when I am mad at Dave. I spent the whole morning snapping at the kids, Shannon had orientation until eleven and forgot to ask grandma for a ride home. I was not going to wake grandma up at 6:30 to see if she could get her. I believe my motherly words of wisdom to her was that she would have to walk home. Never mind the fact that her school is 25 highway miles away. I packed lunches and headed out the door barking at my kids the whole way. I picked up the two kids in my carpool and my demeanor changed to June Cleaver, "good morning, how are you this morning." I think my kids must have been thinking "no wonder Erin is crazy, look at our Matriarch, she definitely has a split personality." Maggie forgot milk money and had to charge milk on the first day.

I decided to spend my evening making my husband kiss up all night with me in my new aqua shirt at the cardinal game. Ryan called and said he needed book covers by the next morning or else he would get a demerit. We went to the 24 hour Wal Mart looking for book covers. They were all out, next we tried the 24 hour Walgreen's and found some. He was happy when he woke up and saw that we remembered the book covers. I gave Maggie milk money today and enough for the day before. Ryan forgot his lunch today and had to charge a cheese sandwich (which he doesn't like) on his second full day. I am sure the cafeteria workers think the Murphy kids must be as sharp as tacks, one kid forgets milk money on the first day and another forgets his lunch.

Shannon has her first mixer tomorrow at an all boy's high school. Her plans have changed thirty times so far. Where they are getting ready, who is driving, where they are spending the night etc, etc. She hasn't even mentioned what she is wearing yet, Yikes!!! Dave and I are headed to Chicago tomorrow to help my sister move. She is moving to a cheaper apartment next door. She needed a big strong man to help her move furniture and she didn't know any, so she settled for Dave. And no, Shannon didn't walk home, Erin picked her up after I filled her gas tank because she spent her pay check on a new bikini.

No comments: