My Blog List

Friday, August 22, 2008

Fridays are my early days at work, I go in at 7:00 and get off at noon. Today was the first day that the kids were in school so I had a few hours to myself. I met Dave for lunch and came home to return a few emails and get things organized for my mom for the weekend. I didn't want her to go through the same stress of looking for uniforms and cleats like I do every weekend. I noticed Ryan's pencil case sitting on the couch that he must have forgot this morning. I opened my mail and I got two letters from the school cafeteria manager letting me know that I owed $3, not only did my son forget his lunch and receive a cheese sandwich on Thursday but my darling daughter Kelsey did the same thing. Maybe I should run by a local food pantry every morning and scoop up the forgotten lunches out of the back of my van after I drop the kids off. When the kids got home I asked Kelsey about the forgotten lunch and she said "oh yeah, I forgot to tell you." Maggie chimed in with "I forgot milk money today too, I figured you would be mad if I charged milk again so I just didn't have a drink." I said "Ryan you forgot your pencil case." He said, "I know, that's the second time this week." I'm glad we are starting the year off right!!!

No comments: