My Blog List

Monday, August 18, 2008

Where in the world did summer go? We still haven't joined the pool. Last night we had our back to school bar b Que and open house. Maggie had a soccer game and we had a parent meeting for Shannon for high school.We had a thirty minute window to run up to school for the open house before we had to leave for Maggie's game. I had told Maggie the night before to get her soccer uniform ready . Of course in true Murphy fashion, she forgot. She lost her white jersey and black shorts. Lucky for her she needed red for her game, we were able to buy a little more time until the next game. I asked Shannon to look for it while we were at open house. I knew that she would tell me that she looked everywhere but would put little to no effort in to looking for the missing jersey. She had school pictures before the parent meeting, so her hair and make up were taking precedence to the missing jersey. We had to take Maggie with us to the parent meeting, she was a little bored but at least she was quiet.

This morning started typically with me searching for my hair straightener. Erin had school pictures today and she was in the middle of a little melt down. She is on acne medicine(for the two pimples that she gets) that makes her skin really dry. She was out of town this weekend and forgot her face lotion. She woke up this morning to a puffy dry face. She was less then thrilled. She said, "look at my face, my picture is going to be horrible." I said, "maybe you should give me my check back for the pictures." She didn't appreciate my humor. Ryan decided this morning that I bought him the wrong size school shorts. He said that he will be the only boy in fourth grade who's shorts are that short. Maybe he should have clued me in a little earlier, like the day I bought them three weeks ago!! On a good note Sam called and said that the company that she wants to work for next summer called her and offered her an internship. I was just telling Dave what a good feeling it was as a parent to see our kid's hard work finally pay off. She has been the type of kid that has always worked her tail off. I can't think of a kid that is more deserving of a few doors opening up than Sam, even if I am a little biased.

No comments: