My Blog List

Monday, August 4, 2008

I had fun on my girls weekend. It was nice that the group that I went with were pretty tame. We shopped, talked about our kids and watched a couple of movies in the evening. When did I become so boring???? I missed an anniversary party on Friday night. Dave went without me and called me on his way home to tell me about it. He seemed to have a good time, I was sorry that I missed it. The next morning Erin called me to snitch on her dad, she said "Oh my God mom, you should have seen what dad wore to the party, khaki shorts, socks and tennis shoes."I asked her why she let him out of the house dressed for a bar b que. She said that she wasn't home when he left. Lauren called me a few hours later with a matching story. I learned an important lesson this weekend, I won't leave again without laying out his clothes.

Dave, Ryan and Mike were out fishing when I got home. Lauren was throwing a fit because they had been gone so long. When they returned, Mike told her it was really hard to argue with her on the phone when she called to yell at him when he was sitting two feet away from her dad on a tiny boat. Poor Mike, he is learning to just say yes dear, early on. I bought him a shirt for his birthday on my shopping trip. It was a Columbia blue color to match my beautiful daughter's eyes. Dave has a closet full of shirts the same color to match my eyes. Never mind the fact that they both have green eyes, sometimes it is a little more important to make us look better.

Shannon has her Regional competition on Wednesday for cheerleading. I am going early to help with hair and make-up. I am new to this whole cheerleading thing, I am used to sweaty soccer players and stinky shin guards. Giddy cheerleaders will be a whole new experience for me.

My husband called me on his way home from work. He was a little stressed because he got another call while we were talking. He has had the same phone for two years and still can't figure out how to work the call waiting feature. He said every time he tries to click over, he ends up hitting the mute button and talking to the same person. Call me crazy, but if you are still hitting the mute button after two years, it may be a good idea to try a different button. I used to think all of his quirks were cute!!!

No comments: