My Blog List

Sunday, July 13, 2008

My husband got a new toy this weekend. A brand new power washer. I'm afraid if one of the kids stands still long enough, he just may power wash one of them. We bought several different solutions, one for siding, one for concrete, one for the deck. Apparently my husband is a careless speed reader because he used a gallon of siding CONCENTRATE on the driveway thinking it said CONCRETE. I guess we will have to do a do over on the driveway next weekend. Dave was craving KFC last night, he left the house and came back an hour later empty handed. I asked what happened?? He wouldn't tell me. He opened the freezer and pulled out the bag of chicken patties. He opened the pantry an noticed that we were out of bread. He put the chicken patties back in the freezer and stormed off into our room. I asked him what happened at KFC? He said, "when I got there the dining room was closed and the drive thru only had a partial menu at the back of the line. I was afraid that I would get blocked in by another driver and wouldn't be able to leave if the menu was too stressful." What in the hell could possibly be stressful about ordering chicken???? He decided to go by taco bell instead. Their dining room was still open. He walked in and the line reached all the way to the door. There was a whole baseball team there. That's when he decided to go home in a huff and eat a chicken pattie. Unfortunately for him we were out of bread. To make a long story short, he just asked me to go with him to KFC tonight. He hasn't satisfied his craving yet. I told him I wasn't going with him because I was busy making fun of him on my blog. He asked Lauren to go with him, she said "Oh God, Dad, do you know how unhealthy KFC is??" He asked Erin to go and help him and she said, "No way, I hate KFC their chicken tastes like rats." we asked her if she has actually ever eaten a rat and luckily she said no. He finally talked Lauren and Erin into going and helping him order the stressful chicken as long as he promised to take Erin to McDonald's on the way home, Ryan and Maggie rode along as well. Call me crazy but I think riding in a car with Ryan, Maggie, Erin and Lauren is a hell of a lot more stressful than ordering chicken. I guess my husband AKA the little red hen (who will help me order the chicken, not I said the tired wife, not I, said the vein, health nut Lauren, not I, said the crazy, multiple personality teenager) will learn a good lesson this evening that the drive thru is not actually such a scary place after all!!! (unless of course you are dumb enough to bring four kids with you to order 1 bucket of chicken)

No comments: