My Blog List

Sunday, July 20, 2008


Life is good at the Murphy house tonight!! Dave finally got his bucket of chicken. I was in Chicago this weekend with Erin on a soccer tournament. My sister in law left me a message that she was at KFC and wanted to invite her baby brother because she read my blog last week. She also called his phone and left him the same message. He was out of town at Lake of the Ozarks with his boss and some of the other managers/supervisors. I talked to him several times while I was in Chicago. Dave really enjoys fishing as long as he catches the biggest fish out of everyone that he is fishing with. Unfortunately for him, he fished for eight hours and only caught four little fish. The last time I talked to him I could tell that his ego was a tad bruised.

I got home from Chicago around 3:00, Dave was already home. Shannon called around 5:00 and needed a ride home from cheer leading practice. Dave asked if I would ride with him to pick her up so we could swing by KFC on the way home. I said "are you serious, you still can't order a bucket of chicken." I told him that I wasn't going, I had just gotten out of the shower, I didn't feel like putting a bra on and God knows he won't let me go through the drive thru. He picked Shannon up and started to cut the grass. I was starting to feel a little guilty, after all he wasn't the best fisherman on the lake this weekend, chicken just may pull him out of his deep depression. I went to KFC and surprised him, I think I actually heard him singing while he was eating his chicken.

No comments: