My Blog List

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Shannon left for Florida today. I went to Wal Mart last night to pick up shampoo, soap, toothpaste etc for her trip. Imagine my surprise when I spent $100. Why can't I go to WalMart without dropping a hundred dollars? Erin got a text message last night from one of her friends about her family soccer party that is tonight. I love the short notice that I always get. I finally paid for her $260 state champion ring yesterday. Last night she said, "we ordered state champs pullovers, I thought they were free, we are supposed to bring a $57 check to the party for the pullovers or we can add it to the $70 check for soccer camp next week." I felt like knocking her teeth out but then I remembered that she doesn't feel pain.

Shannon was a little nervous about her first flight. It was raining this morning which just made her more nervous. Her big sister Laure made sure she shared with her what air turbulence was. It didn't help much when she would do the count down, Shannon three more days until you die in a plane crash, Hey Shannon, two more days etc etc. I sure hope at least one of my children becomes a therapist so the Murphy's can get free help. She called me after her flight landed and said "mom, I'm alive!!!" I guess she wasn't as optimistic as I was. She told me she had a horrible headache. Good thing we packed the liquid Advil. She asked me while we were packing if she should pack it. I told her that chances were pretty slim that her friends family will have infant Advil in their medicine cabinet when their youngest child is 14. I bought her SPF 50 sunblock, she said "mom, I'm not going to get any color. Normally her tan lines look like a candy cane. I'm sure she is going to have a blast!! The rest of us are all jealous of her. We love the beach.

No comments: