My Blog List

Saturday, February 2, 2008


Last night was the father daughter banquet for Erin's school. Erin came home a little aggravated because I quote "everyone had my dress, everyone." I couldn't help but picture 30 Deal or no Deal girls walking around in the same dress with a suitcase full of money. Later she admitted that there were maybe 2 or three other girls with the same dress. That is so heartbreaking, children are starving in ethopia and my kid is worried about someone looking better than her. On the bright side she was pleased that her shoes were the cutest of all the girls who wore her dress. I would hope so after all the trouble her father had in retrieving those shoes. They were Lauren's ridiculously expensive shoes from White House Black Market that she was borrowing. Lauren told her she could borrow them if Dad came and got them. The shoes were in the back of Lauren's car that Sam had since they are now sharing one car. Dave finally caught up with Sam Friday afternoon only to find one shoe in the back of her messy car. He then had to track Lauren down on her college campus for the other shoe. My less then patient husband was really enjoying this little wild goose chase. Had he known we have roughly three other pair of black spiked heels at home in the closet he would have been even more pleased with his little shoe retrieving outing. One of the many perks of having so many daughters I guess.
I worked concession stand last night. Shannon was excited, now that she got her cast off she is able to stunt again in cheerleading. I was able to watch my tiny little eighth grader get thrown through the air while I worked concession stand. I am always so afraid she will get dropped. I guess if she survived growing up in this house she can survive anything. Once when she was about a year old I walked in Erin's bedroom and found Shannon's leg tied to Erin's bunk bed post with a jump rope. I asked her what she was doing and she responded with "she keeps getting down, I want her to play with me." I'ts a miracle they are all still here!!!

1 comment:

Kisha said...

they look so good together, glad to hear that the dress issue was over quickly.