My Blog List

Thursday, February 14, 2008

My husband did good this Valentines Day. He got us West Coast Swing dance lessons for six weeks. If anyone reading this knows my husband, you understand how huge this is. We start in two weeks, if you live in the area there is still room in the class. Contact me and I will hook you up with the details. I am considering stopping at Walgreens to buy Poise pads before our first lesson. I am sure we will be doing more laughing then dancing. I adore my husband and he has many excellent qualities but dancing is just not one of them. That is all the more reason for me to appreciate this Valentines gift.

My sister and her family are coming to visit this weekend from Atlanta. Her husband is in the army and he just arrived home from Iraq. She told me she was so excited to see him at the airport that she thinks she actually jumped up and wrapped her legs around him. I am sure that is really neat to witness if you are people watching at the airport. Before he came home she had asked a neighbor if she had any yellow ribbon that she could put on her front door. (her husband had come home earlier in the year) She didn't have any left but she called her later that evening and told her she asked at the grocery store if they had any. They said no but they would see what they could do because they wanted to show support for the troops. They re-opened the floral department and made her a big yellow bow. Stories like that bring tears to my eyes that complete strangers can be so thoughtful and kind. By the second day he was home she was already yelling at him for walking past the overflowing trash and not taking it out. Her chief complaint is that she has done everything by herself for five months, she is ready for a break. I'm thinking if she can get her husband to notice overflowing trash and immediately take it out, she ought to open up a school and share her secret.

Shannon was cleared to start playing basketball again. She has a tournament this weekend, Sam is having her soccer team over on Saturday and my sister's family is coming in town. It sounds like a typical relaxing weekend.

3 comments:

Abbie said...

How fun!! I always thought taking swing lessons would be cool....

Let us all know how it goes!! :)

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or is "abbie" kinda
annoying

Anonymous said...

I think it's just you!!