My Blog List

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I really enjoyed my morning today. I overslept and woke up to five hungry kids and no milk. Luckily I had waffles in the house, it could have been worse. Kelsey told me this morning that it was fun going to the movies with dad. They all got their own popcorn, soda and candy. They didn't even have to share. I don't even want to think about what he spent. I can't remember the name of the movie, it was pg 13 Dave said it probably wasn't very appropriate for the little ones. I guess someone needs to be the fun parent. I'm the old battle axe that makes them share sodas and actually watch age appropriate movies.

As I was scrambling around the kitchen getting lunches packed and Maggie's hair fixed, Dave decided to start a debate as to whether today was trash day or not. He thought that because yesterday was a holiday that trash day would be pushed back a day. I told him to look outside and see what the neighbors did. He came back in the kitchen where I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off and said, "all the neighbors have theirs out, do you want me to put ours out?" I said "No honey, I'll get it, you go gel your hair." The only thing he has to do every morning is get himself ready, he can't even do that without help. Every morning he has to ask me if his clothes match. I can't wait until April fools, I am going to go ahead and let him pick out his own clothes and tell him that they match!!!

No comments: