My Blog List

Friday, February 1, 2008

Yesterday we were hit with a big snow storm. The doctor I work for decided to close the office at noon and stay closed Friday as well. We had to call all of the patients and ask them to reschedule. By the time I was ready to leave it was close to 2:00. There was an elderly lady in the lobby waiting for her ride. Her appointment was at 10:30 and she was still waiting for her ride service to show up. She had called them several times but they were backed up due to the weather. I told her that I would be happy to drop her off. I went to bring my van to the door and called my mom to ask her to pick up the kids from school early to save me some time. Shannon had a doctor appointment for her thumb. My mom told the school secretary "my daughter felt sorry for an old lady stranded in the snow without a ride, so she had this old lady go out in the snow to get her kids."

Dave went home from work sick yesterday. He had been out of his blood pressure medicine for four days and as a result he got pretty sick. I called in his refill and he went by Walgreens and headed off to bed. Erin got home early from school because of the snow and noticed her dad's car sitting in the driveway. She called me at work to see if she could take the car. She felt that going tanning was an emergency and she needed to venture out in a blizzard to make sure she had a little color. She thinks because it is a SUV that she will be just fine driving in the snow. That child has absolutely no fear. She is my kid that walked at 8 months and used to climb up on top of my kitchen cabinets shortly thereafter. I think I liked it better when I used to hold her shoulders down with my heels when I changed her diaper. I never thought I would think she was easier to control back then. She really is a good kid but she sure does like to push my buttons. And NO she didn't take the car to go tanning.

1 comment:

Kila said...

Whew, I'm glad she didn't go tanning! Folks tend to feel overly-confident in SUV's, and then they end up in an accident.

Stay warm and safe!