My Blog List

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My youngest four kids were home from school today for a snow day. I called to check on them in the morning. Grandma told me she canceled Shannon and Kelsey's orthodontic appointment because if she had to deal with Ryan in the waiting room she would be tempted to drive into the river on the way home. Obviously I inherited my patience from my father.

Sam called Dave in a huff today after she read my blog. Dave wasn't too sympathetic to her since he has primarily been the butt of most of my jokes on the blog from day one. She said "mom told the whole world I throw temper tantrums." First of all my blog isn't all that popular, second of all she isn't exactly a closet temper tantrum thrower. Last I checked it wasn't exactly a secret!!!!

I called home several times to check on the kids, Maggie answered each time. Each time she asked "when are you coming home? I need someone to wrap my valentine box in white paper." I told her to ask grandma and I would be home at 6:00, I have class after work on Tuesday's and Thursday's. I called home after my class to see what they wanted for dinner; I was going to run by the grocery store. Maggie answered and said "when will you be home, I need someone to wrap my box?" I asked "didn't you ask grandma?" She said, yes, she said no, I asked Erin, Shannon and Kelsey and they said no too." Poor Maggie, it reminded me of a time when she was about three. She kept asking me to put her shoes on so she could go out and play in the backyard, I kept telling her I would in a minute. I make personalized rosaries for First Communions and I was backed up on orders. Our doorbell rang, it was a lady coming to pick up a rosary, Maggie had never seen this woman before in her life. She opened the door, handed the woman her shoes and said "will you please put my shoes on?" Sometimes I need a reminder that I should drop everything when a little one needs me. The task may not be important to me at the time but to them it means the world. On a side note, I still haven't wrapped the box but I promised it would be done by morning. I could almost guarantee that she will be at the foot of my bed at 6:00 AM looking for it.

Sam if you are still reading my blog, I love you, look at the bright side, I told the "world" a while back that grandma puts her teeth in a jar at night and dad almost pooped in his pants in the car. Temper tantrums don't look so bad huh!!!

1 comment:

Abbie said...

And Sam, your temper tantrums can't be NEAR as bad as my 2 1/2 year old, so no worries! :)

You are an absolute HOOT!